Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here's a shot of Steve Funderberg (Funderburg?) and his girlfriend, Vivi (pronounced VIV-EE). Anyhoot, I met Steve when I was doing a punk rock show at KFSR-FM circa 1987. He lived in the mountains so he could hear the show from Fresno. He calls me up one night at the studio and asks if he can spend spring break at my apartment. I agree. He soon pisses off my roommates (Richard Mann and Terry True), so I arrange for Johnny Heathen to take care of him. They form Kondom-Nation (along with Dave K. and Tony Pearson). I pushed Steve around years later right in front of my coffee house (Beat's Me). We made-up and I let him in free to see Circus Bogus on the last night the coffee house was open for business.


7 inch

Re: Circus Bogus Songs for sale on Amazon

I'm not getting a fucking dime!

King Donut



visit Joe Leggett's photostream


Re:Battle of the bands

Joey:
While I agree with you that the turnout for tonight should be huge, I REALLY hope the turnout for Saturday's festival is HUGE.

I know the heat doesn't scare people away.

It's a good chance to get to know some of the best music Fresno has to offer.

Posted by: Mike Oz at July 8, 2008 3:52 PM

*****
I fully agree Mike. I for one would be there but I'm throwing my daughter a 13th birthday party.
The heat does tend to mess things up BUT hopefully Fresno can see past that.
Its true that Fresno has some incredibly talented musicians and the fact that they are being showcased at Saturday's venue is great.
It reminds me of the days when the battle of the bands was held in the parking lot behind the Tower Theatre. On that black asphalt it was hotter than hell but the mosh pit for Circus Bogus didnt seem to mind.....oops! did i just date myself?



Re: Songs about trucks

DJ Cheat Sheet No. 11


Songs About Trucks


Mandatory drug testing for big rig truck drivers has made our nation's highways most unsafe. Jim Bob might just fall asleep behind the wheel without the aid of his best friend: a baggie full of crank.


AKINS, RHETT -- That Ain’t My Truck
ANDERSON, JOHN -- Chicken Truck
ASTOR, TOM -- Truck Stop Mama/Der Kleine Trucker
ATTRITION -- Death Truck
AUNT BETTYS -- Mother Trucker
AUSTIN LOUNGE LIZARDS -- Truckload of Art
BACON, BILLY, & THE FORBIDDEN PIGS -- Pushing the Trucks
BASS BROTHERS -- Dr. Bass Truck Tow
BEAT FARMERS -- Big Ugly Wheels (Thanks Ton Bukkems!)
BECK -- Truck Driving Neighbors Downstairs
BIG BLACK -- The Power of Independent Trucking
BIG RIG JAKCKNIFE -- All Night Truck Stop
BLODWYN PIG -- Dunstable Truck-Driver Man
BLUE HEELERS -- Truckstop Coffee
BOMAN, RON E. -- I Love You More than My Truck
BOXCAR WILLIE -- Trucker’s Prayer/How Fast them Trucks Will Go/Phantom 309
BRODYS -- Beer Truck Driver
BUFFET, JIMMY -- Truckstop Salvation
BYRDS -- Truck Stop Girl/Drug Store Truck Drivin’ Man
CASH, JOHNNY -- The Mystery of Life (Thanks Charlie Urban!)
CIRCUS BOGUS -- CB Truck-Drivin' Man
COSBY, BILL -- Garbage Truck Lady


Re: Burnt Ramen 5/26/01

...worst show ever...


Re: Rick
You were never in the Electric Sex Henz...and you never wrote one song, what kind of bullshit is this?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick Post subject: Re: Problems SolvedPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:07 pm


Senior Member



Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:53 am
Posts: 776
Location: The Right side of Lemuria



I haven't worn bloomers in years! They are comfy, though.
We're all on a mission.
There are teams.
There are no rules.

My old Band was called The Electric Sex Hens. Later they became Circus Bogus and recorded a couple of tracks on an actual CD that I wrote and helped create. Our lead performer-(singer) wore a furry chicken head mask no shirt, tighty whiteys and a strap on dildo that we rigged with a tube that went into the mask so that he could expel liquids into the audience. This was my idea, as well as the giant paper mache phalus' with wipped cream canisters inside them. They were so glittery and pretty, you should have seen them.
Anyway, we were opening for a more widely known band that is now known and still records. The lead vocalist for this band was a dark haired woman who usually wore all black with an Ankh necklace.
I dressed up as the other band's lead vocalist (Drag:long black wig,big tin foil ankh, her tights and skirt) and pretended to be jamming with the hens (TESH) as we had rehearsed one of their songs to perform.
Our lead chicken then went crazy and pretended to accost me and throw me in a small coffin and carry me outside.
I never got a copy of Circus Bogus' CD and have yet to find one as it has been out of print since the early 90's.
The second time I performed in drag I almost got beat up by rednecks, but I'll save that story.

Yeah, and I know it isn't about me. It's about navigating ourself to a center that is alligned with true spirit our hearts and lastly our minds that may easily mislead us to where our insane Ego's would like to distract us.
Love,
Rick.

No comments: